Monday 10 December 2018

Painting is the best way to relief stress!!

It's been a busy holiday season this year with lots of projects going on with different clients in graphic design, brochure layout and digital art painting field. Now it's time to do some painting for myself~~~ 

I painted these watercolor paintings in 2x6" size as gifts for one of my family living in oversea. It's easier just to include these little bookmarks in the holiday card and the postage for mailing paper goods is not as expensive as mailing big parcel~ Plus with the Canadian Postal Strike this year, all parcels will be delayed till next year. Hopefully letter mail will be a bit faster~~ Nowadays most people already has lots of stuff, I think a pair of hand painted bookmarks should be suitable for a book lover =) Anyway, for me I just want to paint something... XD 

I'm trying a different style in painting the landscapes. Something casual and not extremely too realistic, more like a folk art style. I was thinking the similar style can be used in my upcoming book preparation. I'd wrote a little book while ago and haven't been able to finish the draft sketches and start the illustration... (Don't know where all my time went... XDD) 

Hope you enjoy the paintings~
Happy Holiday!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment